Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mike is Goneeee!! My heart is broken...


I never in my life thought I'd see the day Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, and love of my life would pass. I'm literally in shock. I happened to hear about it while turning on my radio. The dj said they received confirmation that he was dead. I was sooo mad! I thought they were making some really mean joke. I was literally disgusted (I'll explain my love of Michael later). Then, they kept talking, and they were really sad, and I realized they were telling the truth. I couldn't understand it. I called my cousin in Atlanta to share my denial (she shares my love for MJ). Then I called my mom (yes, it was that serious). She told one of her coworkers who Googled him for me, and we found out he had been rushed to the hospital after going into cardiac arrest. Yes, I cried. I can't believe it, and it still hasn't really hit me. Me and my friends had previously discussed a list of people who, if they died, the world would be affected, not just America. #1 on the list was, International pop sensation, Michael Jackson, and now, the whole world is mourning the loss of one of the most talented, innovative, and phenomenal artists of all time.

Now, I realize some people will read this and laugh or shake their head. Yes, I realize stars are just people, no, I never met him, blah, blah, blah. For me, this is serious. I'm not the excited type. I don't obsess, follow, or praise anything or anyone. Im just not the fan type. However, I am one of MJ's biggest fans. My mom loved everything Michael, and since I was a baby, I loved him. She probably blasted his songs while I was in the womb, lol. I know the dances in all his videos, I know all his songs, and I just knew I was gonna meet him one day. He was my first "boyfriend". I'm an 80's baby, so I remember the cute Michael. I even used to scare my little brother with the scary eye part of "Thriller". I listen to at least one of his songs everyday. You know you have a problem when people call and text you for hours honestly saying sorry for your loss. Like I said, yes, it's that serious.

As a special tribute to the G.O.A.T., I will be posting my favorite songs everyday for a week.

*Michael Jackson 1958-2009, Gone, but never forgotten. The world scorned you, but now they will mourn you. *

No comments:

Post a Comment